Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hear the rolling thunder!

I recently had a conversation with a Salvadoran friend and he was asking me about heaven and what it will be like. Will we eat? Will we wear clothes? Will we have work to do? These are all valid questions but they are like small planets orbiting around the sun. The center of our universe is the creator of the heavens, the Father and His Son. There will be many things to do in eternity but the primary purpose, and our greatest source of joy, will be to glorify and worship Him who made the heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water (Rev. 14:7). Later that night I was sitting up on the roof talking to the creator when a severe thunderstorm came through. Each trumpet blast of thunder rolled on for what seemed like an eternity. It was truly awe inspiring and I was reminded of the words to a hymn that includes these lines:

I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed


 So often in my daily routine I can get so distracted by the details of life. How great it is to be reminded of the incredible love that the creator has for us. How great it is to not have our hearts troubled because He has prepared a place for us. How great it is to know that one day He will wipe away every tear from our eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore. How great is our God and Savior. Listen to the words that follow and dwell on His greatness.


No comments:

Post a Comment